Scott's Outdoor Blog


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Can I borrow that?

There was a lot of excitement for a Tuesday evening.  I located a new public pond nearby that was supposed to be managed for trophy bluegill.  Exciting!  Also, Rachel picked up her new camera from Nebraska Furniture Mart.  It's a Canon Rebel T2i.  More Exiting!  It gets better.  Since neither of us have ever used a Digital SLR camera before, she said I could borrow it to "figure it out."  I was up until 2 in the morning reading through the instruction manual only to be Up with the Sun, Gone with the Wind, by 5:30 AM.  I didn't really figure anything out on the camera other than set it on "Auto" and take pictures.






The pond was clearer than others in the area, and spawning beds were scattered along the shoreline.  I had my Pentax in my pocket as always, so I set it down along the bottom near some beds.  The fish weren't sure what to make of it. 









I didn't manage any big 'gills, but did catch some brightly colored green sunfish










 Ended the morning with a tribute to the State Flower of Missouri.











1 comment: