Scott's Outdoor Blog


Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hungry Catfish








The miserable weather we've had to start the summer  left little enthusiasm for big fishing plans for the weekend.
I ended up headin' back home to western Kansas to take it easy for a few days.

It didn't take long on Saturday to realize that I'm not very good at just relaxing.  I needed to go find some fish.  My buddy said his farm pond would be dry by the end of the summer if they didn't get some rain, but right now the fish in there were easy to catch.

I didn't mind easy pickin's, and within 15 minutes I was flailing the fly rod back and forth trying to turn over an articulated streamer in 30 mph sustained winds.

We didn't stay long at the pasture puddle, as there wasn't really any enjoyment to be had.  But we did manage to pick up a few hungry channel cat before calling it quits and heading the 2 1/2 miles down the road to the local waterin' hole.

The extended forecast doesn't look much better.  It's a good thing I'm leaving for Montana after work on Friday....HeeeeHaw!.









No comments:

Post a Comment